Friday, November 03, 2006

Gift


Snehal received a book on her birthday from Ashish. She was not fond of books. She didn't have the tendency to read books. She called Ashish on his cell.
"Hello, Ashish"
"Who is this?” Ashish asked.
"Snehal here, and let me ask you a question before I forget that while talking."
"What is it Snehal?"
"Thank you for the birthday present, Ashish, but do you know I don’t have habit of reading books?"
"Umm, somewhat yes, Snehal, I do know that you don’t have a habit of reading books, please don’t get offended and let me explain my motive for this present."
Snehal was silent.
"Can I explain it now?"
"Yes, go ahead" Snehal replied.

"Snehal, I have gifted you the book named Tough Times Never Last Tough People Do by Robert Schuler."
"Yes I know that, I have read the cover page", Snehal interrupted.
"Snehal, even if you don’t read books keep this as a gift from a friend named Ashish with you, and when ever you feel depressed or dejected or just curious just open any page on this book and read the content on that random page. Believe me you will get some hint about what to do next in your situation"
"Really, do you really feel something like this can happen from a book?"
"Yes Snehal and you must try it once, I understand you don’t have a habit of reading books so I don’t ask you to read it cover to cover but do remember what I have told you and try reading any random page from that book, and you will get some great idea from it"

"Hello, Ashish"
"Hello Snehal, how do you do?"
"Thank you Ashish, I just called to thank you for the book you have gifted me, and you know what? I opened a random page on that book and started reading it and that day my family was amazed to see Snehal reading book for many hours. This book is addictive; I could not resist reading more pages."

Ashish hanged the phone after the conversation is over and was happy that he has planted the seed of reading books in one more person.

Tushar Joshi, Nagpur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey tushar, after reading this, i am so much curious abt this book and going to buy this book. :)

swapnil gadre