Monday, November 06, 2006

Just for You


Swapnil came to my place in the evening.
"Let take a walk", said he.
We usually take a walk along the railway line passing by my house.

We started walking along the railway line chatting about random topics.
"So, what was it that brought you to my place today?” I asked.
"Nothing. I just came to meet you and be with you."

"You mean just to meet me without any task? Just to meet me? Come on tell me what is it that you want?"
"See, I have many things that I want from you and also have many things I need you to do for me, but yes now I have come here just to meet you and enjoy time chatting and yes to listen if you have something to tell me."

"Ok. As you say", I exclaimed and we continued walking along the rail route.

"Hey I remembered, you were asking about the chemistry journal the other day, I will give it to you as soon as we reach home"
"No", said he "will it be better if I take that journal one hour before we leave for school tomorrow morning? See this way today I can invest some time being with you without any reason."

He insisted on his ways and went that day without the journal. I felt happy for one thing that he was such a friend who wants to spend time with me without reason; or with the sole reason of spending time with me. Even if I don’t confessed this thing in public still I felt good inside and was fresh and smiling for many hours after he left.

Tushar Joshi, Nagpur

(Image courtsey Sturla Pengilsson)

1 comment:

Prasanna Shembekar said...

A good one. We usually meet our friends and people with some or the other purpose.

But remember our school & college days when we used to meet only for enjoyment and sharing each other's views, problems, joys.

what happens to us when we grow ?
I think we only GROW, but do not DEVELOP.
----
Prasanna shembekar
visit my blog : www.wisdomformula.blogspot.com